"I'm going out on top," she says through a series of grunts, coos and sudden yells.
She has developed a very exciting "poop face" reserved for only when I'm holding her.
It's that kind of father-daughter bonding that really fills my heart.
Other developments include the ability to mimic mom and dad, though only when moving her tongue back and forth. When the three of us do it simultaneously I'm sure we look like a very smart family.
We recently made our first trip down to Arkansas to visit Grandpa and Grandma Van De Walle. Sloane was great and we learned that Sonic has gluten-free items on their menu, which was a nice surprise. I don't know why I just plugged Sonic. Perhaps I'm hoping for free Mocha-Hazelnut Java Chillers for life. We had a great time and grandma only made Sloane "work" for a short time. "Work" meaning trying to roll over, not making shoes or anything. I don't think. I was gone a lot.
Some other exciting news, Jess passed her oral exams, meaning she will graduate in May with a master's degree in educational leadership and policy studies. This has been a major accomplishment and I'm very proud of her. Though it's hard to type that with her messing with me as I'm typing this because she wants to surf the Internet for Gap clothes or something.
Okay, I'm going to end this because I need to defend myself. In the meantime, here's a fun video of Sloane.
Jess: "I'm glad we had her. I now have found someone who thinks I'm hilarious."
In light of Sloane's chipper mood and willingness to laugh I did 10 minutes of Richard Pryor. Nothing. Not even a giggle. Jess pops her head up and Sloane laughs her head off. I'm concerned.
And now for the photos!
| "This is all kinds of awkward." |
| Not at the table, Carlos. |
| "You're sure you've done this before..." |
| Yep! "Thanks for the first haircut grandma!" |
| This juice endorsed by Sloane. Well, more specifically, Sloane's chin, neck and bib. |
![]() |
| This picture amuses me. Alyse, you've been Sloaned! |
| She loves leaning against this thing. Doesn't have any interest in crawling. But loves to stand. |
As always, you can find more photos on our Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/castle_vandewalle/sets/

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.