Saturday, August 14, 2010

Grandparents, pee attacks and photo ops

Last week was my first back to work and I have to say I was NOT ready to leave my girls. Jess handled it like a rock star mom. Every day it got slightly easier, however I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Sloane is largely unchanged, though Jess thinks her face is filling out. Sloane hasn't taken this insult lightly and has has started spitting up and pawing at her face in obvious disgust with the way she's letting herself go. We had our one-week checkup and I have to say I'm proud of Sloane. She takes coaching well and successfully peed all over the nurse and scale (another shot at her alleged weight gain).  Everything checked out well, although she was measured at 1/2" shorter than she was at birth. With her shrinking, sleeping all day, and, frankly, chronic addiction to milk I can only draw one conclusion: Sloane is turning into a cat.

In other news, at the end of this week Sloane was visited by Ginja (Grandma) and Skipper (Grandpa) Van De Walle. Grandma Myrna unveiled her grand Baby Quilt which can probably double as a rain tarp over Target field should the need arise.  Sloane showed her appreciation by sleeping. Grandpa Kirk, not to be outdone, came bearing your traditional new baby gifts: a hacksaw and beer (okay, both were for me).  Sloane showed her appreciation by sleeping. But we want to thank both for driving all the way up from Arkansas! It was a lot of fun.

Photos!

Sloane being defiant with grandma


Smiley grandma and Sloane doing her best "Popeye"



Sloane giving her best "WTF?" look at grandpa. Most people look at him this way though.


To recoup some of the costs of raising a child I'm considering charging people $5 to hold her and $25 if they want their photo taken. Had I done this at the hospital I'd be up a few thousand dollars already.


Bonus photo! Post-bath with the curly hair. That's Jess' leg on the left. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.