---
Well, we're back home and the first few nights are in the bag. A big thanks to grandma Weishaar for...freaking EVERYTHING. She stayed with us for a few days and made the transition go SO much smoother. She worked so hard to make things as stress-free as possible while allowing dad and mom to sleep. She cooked, she cleaned, she held Sloane (though who wouldn't want to do that), she offered advice, she hugged, she changed diapers...personally, I think she's part robot.
Jess is doing well and I'm trying my best to pick up where grandma left off. Being 0% robot means I have to work 156% harder. But that's okay. As long as everybody is happy. We're hoping to take Sloane out for her first "walk" soon, though she'll probably slack and expect us to push her in a stroller. Maybe I can scrunch up next to her and Jess can push us both.
We also had a visit from a nurse yesterday (standard procedure) and we passed (whew!). Sloane was an ounce above the weight she left the hospital, so she's going the right direction even if sometimes she'd rather sleep than eat (hard to blame her, really). I'm getting to the point where I'd prefer to be fed in a similar fashion but the suggestion fell on deaf ears. Babies have it made, man.
We're currently trying to figure out what to have Sloane call the grandparents. After an internet search, here are some of my favorites:
Grandmother:
-Bubbie (very Jerry Maguire)
-G-Ma (very hip. "Sup G-Ma? Word.")
-Mimsy
-Mums
-Mimo (rhymes with "Nemo" which is the name of a very famous animated fish)
-NotherMother (like "another mother." On second thought, that's weird)
-Salsa (delicious)
-Ginja (grandma-ninja? Awesome.)
Grandfather:
-BoBo
-Drampa (sounds like the name of a brand of scotch or antihistamine)
-Gwampa (both fun to say out loud and reminiscent of the name of Hagrid's half-brother giant in Harry Potter)
-PamPawPap (ridiculous)
-PawPaw (cute cute)
-G ("Ain't nothing but a G-thang baby" <---rap)
-Popsi
-Mellowman (Mega Man villain? <----video game reference)
-Poppers (Not bad, but I'd prefer Poppers!!)
-MoreDaddy (because it'd be fun to say in public: "Come on, Sloane, let's go see MoreDaddy" and watch people's reactions)
-P-Pop/PopZ (if either is thinking about joining a hip-hop label)
-Skipper (I think we have a winner)
As for me, I'm considering going with: Chancellor, as I enjoy the power such a title suggests. I suppose I'd be okay with "father" but only if it's said with a British accent.
Okay, I've rambled on long enough. Now for your fix of cute:
| Sloane Rae Van De Walle: veteran sleeper |
![]() |
| Sleeping again? Really? |
![]() |
| Stop the presses! We have eyes! Quick! Somebody blow the Vikings touchdown horn. |
| Oh nuts. Asleep again. But one of those "awwwww" moments so we'll let this one slide. |
Once again, more photos can be found on our Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/castle_vandewalle/


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.